HVN Contestable Fund Request for Proposals (RFP; Version 3, November 2020)
Version 3 of the Request for Proposals (RFP) was issued on 04 November 2020. The main updates under Version 3 are as follows:
- Co-funding requirements for Contestable Fund Research Grant projects have been changed to increase accessibility for Food & Beverage industry collaborators.
- Please refer to page 17 of the document ‘Part A – The Opportunity’ (document link at bottom of web page).
- Expressions of Interest no longer require Eligible Respondents to fill out a formal template.
- If you have an idea for a proposal you would like to discuss, simply email the HVN Directorate at email@example.com with a brief summary and we will contact you.
- All Contestable Fund templates have been revised to take into account user feedback obtained from the 2019-2020 year.
- Revisions include removal of redundant requests, inclusion of additional instructions and examples, and other editorial changes in the interest of clarity and user experience.
Final Call for Proposal Submissions
The High-Value Nutrition (HVN) National Science Challenge (NSC) Contestable Fund has experienced a substantial surge in interest in 2021, resulting in a large volume of proposals currently under development for submission and review. The HVN Directorate has confirmed that the amount of funding requested by proposals under development will exceed the pool of remaining funds. As the name indicates, the HVN Contestable Fund is a competitive funding programme and this scenario was expected.
The final deadline for submission of proposals to the HVN Contestable Fund is 31st August 2021.
This date was selected for three reasons: (1) to allow for adequate review of proposals by an external review panel; (2) to allow the HVN Board adequate time to render final decisions regarding which proposals will be funded; and (3) to allow for adequate time to conduct contracting of successful proposals so they can be completed within the remaining lifetime of the HVN NSC.
Successful proposals will be selected from a final batch of submitted applications based on alignment to the HVN NSC mission. Proposals will be reviewed in accordance with the Review and Assessment Process listed in Section 7 of the document “Part A – The Opportunity’ (document link at bottom of web page).
PLEASE NOTE – This is the final call for proposal submissions for the remainder of the HVN NSC. It is expected that the HVN Contestable Fund will be fully allocated after this round of proposals and no further funding will be available until the end of the programme in 2024.
If you plan on submitting a proposal to the HVN Contestable Fund, please note that all proposed projects must be completed in time for a Final Report by 31 March 2024. This is to allow for adequate time to report to the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment while NSC staff are still available before the close of the HVN NSC itself.
Submission of Ideas and Proposals
Please email the HVN Directorate at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a potential proposal or to submit completed proposal templates.
All relevant documents are available via the links at the bottom of this web page.