HVN Novel Foods Navigation Tool
The HVN Novel Foods Navigation Tool is designed to help businesses identify whether potential foods or ingredients would be considered Novel, and provides a roadmap for how to navigate the associated regulatory processes for a Novel Foods Application.
Resources from the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI)
- Key regulatory considerations for HVN programmes (MPI May 2019)
- Labelling and composition requirements for food sold in New Zealand
- Requirements for health claims on high value foods
- Guidance on how to self-substantiate a food health claim
- Guidance and information on health and nutrition claims