HVN has produced an excellent summary document of our highlights for the 2019 – 2020 year. These include:
- New digestive health research demonstrates that kiwifruit aids bowel regularity, which is commercially beneficial for the Aotearoa New Zealand kiwifruit industry
- Established projects in collaboration with 11 industry partners, 6 of whom are Māori entities
- Mātauranga Māori and science working together to investigate the health effects of some Aotearoa New Zealand native flora and fauna
- Extension granted to a previously patented technology, allowing two HVN industry partners to potentially commercialise bioactives added to food
- Support put in place for the Pūhoro STEM Academy, with 16 Māori interns gaining scholarships, to help build Aotearoa New Zealand’s capability and future innovators and leaders.