Entries for the 2020 round of the Prime Minister’s Science Prizes are now open. There are five prizes in total, with a combined value of $1,000,000. These prizes recognise the impact of science on New Zealanders’ lives, celebrate the achievements of current scientists and encourage scientists of the future.
The New Zealand Government introduced the prizes in 2009 as a way of raising the profile and prestige of science among New Zealanders.
The five prizes are:
– The Prime Minister’s Science Prize
– The Prime Minister’s MacDiarmid Emerging Scientist Prize
– The Prime Minister’s Science Teacher Prize
– The Prime Minister’s Future Scientist Prize
– The Prime Minister’s Science Communication Prize
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 9 October 2020. Apply here.